Jun Mitani - Paper Magician

Jun Mitani - Paper Magician

Jun Mitani: I’m an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science, University of Tsukuba. My specialty is geometric modeling in the field of computer graphics. I have been studying algorithms and user interfaces for generating 3D shapes on a computer.
When did your fascination with origami begin? Did you fold a lot of origami when you were a child?
When I was a kid, I didn’t have much interest in folding origami, but in papercraft. I fabricated a lot of paper models, such as cars, ships, buildings, and animals, etc. by cutting and gluing pieces of paper. I felt that origami, just folding, was too restricted. On the other hand, I was enthusiastic about the computer, which my father bought when I was a first-year student in elementary school. As a fusion of two objects of interest, papercraft and computer, the theme of my Ph.D. thesis became a method for designing paper models with the computer.

jun mitani,



jun mitani,

jun mitani,

jun mitani,
There is an amazing Flickr album of Jun Mitani's work, with some stunning paperfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.